Often we point at the harm ordinary products do to our body, but at the same time, we forget to mention the benefits of organic ones. And these benefits are pretty considerable.
1) Scientists have proved that products, which don’t contain chemical additives and are made according to all eco-standards, strengthen the immune system and are much more beneficial than multivitamin medicines due to their pure composition. Without poisoning the body with GMOs, pesticides, nitrates, food coloring, and other additives, organic food only promotes the production of protective cells, thereby strengthening immunity and protecting against viruses.
2) Eco-products, which, unlike traditional ones, don’t contain unnatural additives, provoke allergic reactions much less often.
3) Also, organic products contribute to the proper functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. Such food is absorbed better and easier, not burdening the body and not disturbing the intestinal microflora.
4) If a nursing mother consumes only natural food, her child has a reduced risk of developing digestive disorders and allergy symptoms.
The advantages of organic products
If the main goal of ordinary products’ production is to prolong their shelf life, organics cares primarily about food’s composition and its nutritional value.
1) A lot of organic vegetables and fruits, including citrus fruits, apples, cabbage, and tomatoes, contain 25-30% more vitamin C than their ordinary counterparts.
2) Green salad contains 25% more antioxidants much needed for proper immune system’s work.
3) Beta-carotene, which can be found in carrots and plays an essential role in improving our sight, is increased by 12% in organic vegetables.
4) There are three times more Omega-3 fatty acids that improve memory, concentration, and mental activity in general, in natural milk than in modified one.
5) Cereals and legumes without chemical additives contain an increased amount of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. For example, organic cereals have more vitamins and minerals (Ca, Mg, Fe, etc.) than non-organic ones due to the specifics of its production. And the organic nature of cereals without chemicals and pesticides makes them even more delicious.
So we can see that the benefits of organic products are undeniable. Perhaps it's time to think about switching to natural food?
How to choose organic products
Usually, the product of organic origin has a special marking. And each country has its own one. In some countries, though, such markings don’t exist yet.
Examine the product composition. It would be nice to have a table of food additives with E-index to find out what category this or that additive belongs to.
Also, pay attention to the shelf life of products: organic milk can’t be stored for several weeks, and certain summer apples don’t stay fresh for longer than 10-15 days.
It’s best to choose organic products in specialized eco-shops.
Organic food requires a special kind of production to ensure its quality and benefit. So there’s no surprise that some companies put a huge price tag on their products. A number of manufacturers argue that this is due to production technology (the better the approach, the higher the costs). Some experts say the opposite: organic products, grown without the use of herbicides and pesticides, have a lower cost price, and yields are higher than the use of chemicals can provide. In any case, the price for such products will always be much higher than the cost of conventional ones. Unless you marry a Russian girl and move to Russia, where organic vegetables are sold in any market. But isn’t this a too big price for a wish to become healthier?